Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SHOWDOWN PITCH



My concept idea for a collaborative animated short. The idea came from a piece of artwork I did using mixed media. One key aspect of this piece is the use of real cardboard texture against a white background with simple black outlines. The idea of using real textures in animation really appeals to me. I experimented with this idea during pre production on my short “Suicidal Bob”.

Ever since I began studying animation there was always the issue raised about 3d animation becoming the predecessor of traditional 2d animation. People began to think that traditional animation was a dying art form, but over the last couple of years I have seen more and more people create shorts and even feature films using the traditional animation technique. These topics lead me to develop a story based around two characters, one 2d and one 3d.  The idea being that 2d is the present and 3d is the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment